Saturday, October 8, 2011

Weekend Musings



I've just been sewing away over here. In preparation for the two craft shows I've decided to participate in (insert husband rolling eyes and bracing himself for an overly-emotional and stressed-out wife), I've decided to stock up on bibs and holiday bunting, the two things that seem to sell the most consistently. I just listed a few baby boy bibs in the shop... I wish I still had someone wearing bibs so I could keep the camouflage one!



I'm also finalizing plans for Christmas gift sewing. A huge trip to the fabric store is in order, because I have some really great things in the works. Some of them are from this excellent book, which I borrowed from the library:



There are some really easy and beautiful projects in there - I definitely recommend taking a look at it. I also printed up the patterns I ordered from Gingermelon - these little guys will be for Titus. I'd like to think that I'll have at least one ready for his birthday next month, but they will probably all have to wait to be gifted until Christmas:




Aren't they cute?!?! I can hardly stand it. The directions come in pdf form, which is basically immediate crafting gratification - no waiting for them to arrive in the mail. And they look really straight-forward and detailed, which is good since this will only be my second foray into sewing anything three dimensional. I'm looking forward to making boyish versions of these little guys.

So that's what's swirling around in my head at the moment. Well, that and what to make for dinner and whether or not I should clean the bathroom before our friends stop by this evening, and whether I should go for a run or paint my toenails. :)

1 comment:

Cindy said...

I love those reindeer/owl/fox stuffed characters! they're so cute! what lucky kids you have ;)