Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Swoon Four



Here is my fourth Swoon block - finished a few weeks ago. It is really surprising me how fast time is passing by. This is my first "real" end-of-the-school-year experience, since Moses is finishing up Kindergarten. There is so much to do, and I mean that in a good way. Field trips, teacher gifts to make, lots of volunteering for fun things at school, and no more homework means all kinds of other fun stuff after school. And of course Father's Day to figure out. I love all these things, but it has left me with little time to sew. Tonight the hubs is out of town, so I am getting out my stack of Swoon fabrics and cutting like a mad woman as soon as I click the publish button on this post. I think this block is my favorite so far - I can't get over the gold and gray, it just looks so cool. I've decided I like the lighting of these photos; it reminds me that it took hours to make the block and I finished it just as the sun was deciding to go down. Tonight's block (if I finish it) will have to wait until tomorrow. I'm off to cut!

No comments: