Thursday, December 10, 2009

Belated Pumpkin News

A few months ago we harvested our three hard-earned pumpkins. Boy, was that a great feeling! I seriously think I would have loved living in the pioneer days (except for the bathing once per week and no electricity... ). I would have loved living off the land and having to make or grow everything used to sustain the family. Moses had a great time sawing through the pumpkin stalk (is that what it's called?) with a real knife and carrying it inside to show daddy.

I hacked those guys in half, saved some of the seeds for next year (I'm really excited to see if they actually grow!), roasted them in the oven and turned them into pumpkin puree. Let me tell you, three smallish sized pumpkins turn out A LOT of pumpkin puree! We've been enjoying the pumpkin goodies for months. (P.S. Try these.)

No comments: