Monday, December 29, 2008

Your Husband Probably Won't Like These...

At least, he won't if he's anything like my husband. It's not that they taste bad. They just taste... healthy. And I LOVE stuff that tastes healthy, so I'm sharing this super fast and easy (and low-fat) muffin recipe with you. (Wow, not a very great sell, was it?) I got the recipe from Women's Health but found their version to be a bit dry, so I changed it up a bit, and here's what I ended up with:

APPLE CINNAMON OAT-BRAN MUFFINS

Ingredients:

1/2 cup oat bran
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup ground flaxseed
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
2 eggs, beaten
4 Tbsp canola oil
1/3 cup plus 2 Tbsp apple sauce
1/4 cup sugar

1.) Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray muffin pan with non-stick spray
2.) Combine dry ingredients and whisk together.
3.) In separate bowl, combine eggs and oil, and beat till smooth. Add sugar and applesauce to egg mixture, stir together. Pour into dry ingredients and mix together.
4.) Put in muffin tin, bake about 17-22 minutes.
5.) Enjoy!

And I'm not the only one around here who likes these...that's right Daddy - more for us! :)

No comments: