Friday, December 3, 2010

Kicking off the Holiday Season

Around here we make Christmas lists. We are certainly not hung up on the "stuff" aspect of Christmas - I think everyone in my family would be just fine if we didn't receive any gifts at all. But since we do exchange gifts, and only one of us has small children, and only 2 of us are girls, my dad has begun requesting that we put together wish lists, and the whole thing has become a sort of Christmas tradition. It is actually becoming one of the parts of Christmas that I look forward to most, mainly because of how funny the lists are. My brothers, in particular, are very, um, honest about the things they want, and it is alway entertaining. After years of asking for nun-chuks for Christmas, Daniel has now branched out to wanting "waterproof pants that can be worn to class over pajamas," telescoping batons, and "shoe goo so I can patch the hole in my boot." Never mind asking for a new pair of boots... His wife, who he recently dragged to Illinois with him, has requested "anything that causes warmth." As I type this I am realizing that I might be the only person on earth who thinks this is funny, so I'm sorry if you are reading this waiting for the punch-line. Perhaps my other two brothers will submit their lists soon and there will be more things for me to laugh at... Happy Friday!

No comments: