Thursday, January 27, 2011

Irony

I looked it up to make sure I wasn't embarrassing myself, and here it is: Irony is "incongruity between what might be expected and what actually occurs." For example...

Irony is waking up at 4 am convinced that you caught the raccoon that has been eating the cat food because of all the racket you hear outside. Upon looking out the door, you see that you have, in fact, caught the CAT in the trap, and the raccoon is sitting next to the trap, happily eating the cat food.

Irony is having your refrigerator break and defrost all over the kitchen floor the day before your new refrigerator is due to be delivered.

Irony is raising, from birth, 12 chickens specifically for their eggs, only to have them grow up into terrible hens who lay their eggs and then EAT THEM.

Irony is being out and about with a child wearing a poopy diaper, fully prepared with a new package of wipes and ... no diaper.

I'm sure I could think of more but I have to go bait the raccoon trap, move the frozen food out of my dad's house and back into our new refrigerator and change the baby. :) How about you - I know you have some...

1 comment:

Jen Mc. said...

Just write the book already and send this synopsis to an agent. For Pete's sake!