Monday, May 30, 2011

Happy Memorial Day



Interesting to put the word "happy" in front of a day meant to remember those who have sacrificed on our behalf. Now that I have kids, I appreciate more and more what our service men and women do for us. To live in a country where my children are generally safe and can believe what they think is true is a huge blessing that I often take for granted. Both my grandpas were in the military, and though neither one liked to talk about what they saw or did in the Second World War, I know that they endured terrible things so that their two great-grandsons could run around this beautiful place in safety. Thank you to all the men and women serving our country, both past and present. Thank you for living the "military life," moving from place to place, not knowing what your life will be like 2 years from now, being ready to go anywhere at a moment's notice. Thank you for giving your limbs, your peace of mind, your lives, so that the rest of us can enjoy freedom in this wonderful country.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that is the sweetest post. a beautiful shout out to the memory of your grandfathers. thanks for sharing. ~emgray