Sunday, August 7, 2011

Sunday Sewing



I usually find myself with a bit of quiet sewing time on Sunday afternoons, thanks to my husband. Today I finished up my custom bib order - they are SO cute! I snapped this teaser picture but didn't have time to bust out the fancy camera and do an official photo shoot, so you'll just have to use your imagination.



Finishing those allowed me to do some work on my hexagon quilt. I love making these little guys - it 's very soothing. I'm the type who always needs to be doing something even when I'm sitting down relaxing, and this is the perfect portable project.



I've only finished a little more than 100, and have about 1,000 more to go, but I'm really enjoying working with so many different fabrics. I printed this awesome coloring sheet that Melanie over at Texas Freckles created and worked on figuring out my hexagon layout. As you can see, I had a little help. I'd also like to mention that I did this while in the heat of a Nerf Gun War. How's that for multi-tasking?

No comments: