Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Summer Project: Dress-up Box

When I was a kid one of the best sources for imaginative play at our house was the dress up box. It wasn't anything fancy - just an old wicker chest full of remnants of Halloween costumes, funny hats, old cast-off shoes and clothes from my parents, scarves, the odd wig... We used to spend HOURS dressing up and goofing around in our costumes. I remember this old pair of see-through plastic high-heels that were in the chest - I used to pretend they were Cinderella's glass slippers. *sigh* All four of us kids would tell you the dress-up box was one of our favorite things in the house.

This summer I'm going to make Moses a dress-up box. Finding the clothes should be the easiest part - a quick stop at Savers and the Good Will store by our house will fill it up in no time. The challenge will be figuring out where to put the box in our ever-shrinking house. Maybe if I stop buying fabric I'll find some room... ha!

1 comment:

Renee said...

Hi!! I am sure that you can find a creative solution for the location of the dress up box...you can't possibly think of not buying more fabric!! Hee hee
love,
Renee