Thursday, January 7, 2010

What keeps you up at night?

We seem to be back in that "what-can-I-possibly-do-to-prolong-bed-time" phase. There are the usual "I need more water" and "my blankets are all jimbled up" and "I just have too much energy in my body"... There is the always creative "I had a bad dream," spoken literally minutes after I've left the room and with a smile on his face. Then there is the vague yet considerate "I just had a scary thought that I can't tell you because it might scare YOU." But tonight we heard the most creative excuse for why he can't go to bed yet: "I just keep farting and farting and I can't go to sleep." And then we heard ourselves saying, "Well, just go back in your room and fart in your bed." Now there's a sentence I never planned on saying.

2 comments:

Kate said...

HAHA This maybe your funniest post yet! Gotta love Moses' expression in the picture, it truly captures the story. :)

Suzanne said...

*snort* Oh, if I could only count the number of times I couldn't go to sleep because of my own incessant farting...

Sadly, Zoe is still in the bedtime stalling phase, and she's nearly 8. Not to depress you or anything, but sometimes it's a very long phase...