Monday, August 30, 2010

A great start to his winter wardrobe

The other day I was looking through some dusty boxes of yarn and found a huge pile of unfinished sewing and knitting projects (no big surprise there). One of them was a really nice gray scarf that was about half as long as it needed to be and had been left on the needles for about 2 years. Moses was scurrying around the room while I sorted through things, and looking at his skinny little neck gave me a great idea - I bound off the scarf right then and there, and voila: a kid scarf! Happily, this was knit using a 100% cotton yarn, so he won't complain about it being itchy. It was such a great feeling to finish something that had been collecting dust for years. (And nice to get my hands on a pair of knitting needles, even if it was only for a minute or two...)

No comments: