Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The Painted Robot

Our friend Danny, who also happens to live at my Dad's house and is thus our closest neighbor, has been working on a pretty cool project that I've been waiting to show you. He is restoring neglected old furniture and painting delightful murals on it. This is his first piece, a totally awesome chest of drawers. This thing is so cute - if it was mine I wouldn't be able to put anything on top of it. I always knew Danny was artistic, but the attention to detail and the whimsical fun characters he's created are just so sweet.

Yep, that's a robot feeding squirrels. There is also a pile of books at the base of the tree at the very bottom of the chest. See it? So cool. This piece is already taken, but he's working on the cutest toddler bed right now and I hear there is another bigger chest of drawers in the works. I think he's planning on opening an etsy shop... are you drooling yet? I'm hoping he starts making smaller things for those of us with no room for more furniture - wouldn't you buy a set of blocks painted with this fun stuff? Or hang a picture in your child's room? I would (Danny, I know you're reading this...). :)

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Amazingly cute...