Monday, February 22, 2010

Showers

We play outside every afternoon, and lately that means playing in the rain (or at least the mud). It always takes me a minute or two to embrace the idea of my kids getting completely wet and filthy... I picture my newly mopped floor covered in soggy footprints and the laundry hamper filling up AGAIN. But the moment passes and we throw on our boots (or our sandals, as you can see Titus wearing in this picture. I know, great mom, right?) and get out there.

Even when things are soggy, it is beautiful out here. And the kids certainly don't care about getting muddy. Some of our best times have been spent in the rain waiting for that familiar sound of Daddy's big diesel truck rumbling up the driveway. I hope you are off to a wonderful week - and spending some time outside!