Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Little Hoot



Have you read Little Hoot by Amy Krouse Rosenthal? It is one of our favorites - we picked it up at the library and are now hoping to find it under the tree at Christmas. :) This little guy reminded me of the darling illustrations in that book, so I couldn't resist buying the pattern and making one for Titus:



Isn't he darling? This was my first time working with felt and I LOVED it - no seams to hide, no unraveling, no sewing things inside-out! My handiwork certainly isn't perfect, this being my first attempt at blanket stitching anything, but I just loved how the pattern allows for so many choices in fabric, felt, and thread colors. Very fun! I think I grinned the entire time I was sewing this little guy.



The pattern is from Gingermelon, and she has TONS of other darling little stufflings you can make. I'm hoping to make the fox and raccoon in time for Christmas. I bought my felt from Benzie Bazaar and it is wonderful - not at all like the scratchy stuff in the craft store. This is 100% merino felt and is so soft and smooth - definitely worth the few extra bucks it costs.



Sadly, all crafting has screeched to a halt due to a stomach bug that my oldest son came down with last night (why do kids always start throwing up in the middle of the night???). Poor little guy is still in his jammies with a bowl in his lap - I remember having the flu as a kid and it was the WORST. I've got my fingers crossed that the rest of us don't come down with it, or that we are at least finished with all the germs by the time Christmas rolls around! Hope you are happily and healthfully crafting!

Addendum: I do know a few synonyms for "cute" other than "darling," just didn't come up with any while writing this post. Sheesh.

No comments: